Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Emergency Landing!

Saturday night I was over at Jen's house watching a movie when a knock came to the door. It was Latara. She and Steve were going into town to Ely and were wondering if I wanted to come. Keep in mind that this is around 9:00 PM. I said, "Sure, but why are we going?" Earlier that evening a man in a glider emergency landed in our hay field! Luckily, we cut and baled the hay a few days before. He needed a ride back into Ely that night, and so we all jumped in the truck and took him back to the airport.
So I have never heard of gliding. I have heard of hang gliding, but this is like a airplane, but without an engine and propeler. Its wings are so long! This is the best picture I could get; he was loading it up the next morning. So that was the grand adventure for the weekend.





3 comments:

  1. Oh my! He was safe, right? Looks like Jen is helping you figure out the blog thing more and more. Keep writing! Loves.

    ReplyDelete