Monday, May 24, 2010

There's a new dental assistant in town!

In May 2009, I decided that I wanted to be a dental assistant. I found a program online to help me get there. The school would send me books and I would take the test online. Once I would finish a test, they would send another book. So, as you can tell,it took a lot of self determination to get it done. I completed it in 11 months (I could have done it in 6), and now I have a career diploma in Dental Assisting.

But reading about dental assisting can only get you so far. So I applied for an internship in Ely and got it! I go in 3 times a week for about 6-7 hours. I love it! The people in the office are so good to me, and I am learning so much. So now, I am armed with knowledge and experience to go out in the real world and get a real job!
Mom wanted a picture of me in my scrubs. :)

7 comments:

  1. I love you in scrubs. And I keep forgetting you have a new last name. Haha loves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats! i'm sure you'll be a fabulous assistant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are so proud of you! You look so dang cute. Sure glad your ours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cutest dental assistant ever! GOOD JOB!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look so great in the scrubs... just like Steven said... a hottie! Good work on getting your schooling done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Learning more about this field entails one to enroll in an accredited technical school in Alaska. The daily duties of a dental assistant involve more than just scheduling patients and answering phone calls. They need to be educated on how to assist dentists during certain dental treatments and properly record a patient’s file. Dental Assistant Salary in Alaska

    ReplyDelete
  7. I high appreciate this post. It’s hard to find the good from the bad sometimes, but I think you’ve nailed it! would you mind updating your blog with more information? Teeth in a day Milton Keynes

    ReplyDelete