Thursday, October 29, 2009

Pumpkins

YAY for pumpkins! I don't know why I love pumpkins so much. Maybe it's the fact that I'm a Halloween baby, or maybe I like pulling the slimy guts out of a vegetable and carve a face into it. I don't know, but I love pumpkins. When we did our garden this spring, we did 5 mounds with about 5 seeds in each mound. The mounds were about 6 feet away from eachother. We thought that was too much, but it turned out that pumpkin plants do need that room.

This little guy was one of our first pumpkins. I would say that this was in July. We were so excited that they were growing!
This was after the frost. You can see how much the plants spreaded out.
We harvested 39 pumpkins! Some were rotten, but we still counted them.
Decorating our front door with festive corn stalks and pumpkins.
Steve definately has a carving skill that I wish I had.
Trace decorated his pumpkin like a 'potato head'. He did not want to have his picture taken.
Me, Steve, crying Trace, Johnny, Jenny, and Maddie

1 comment:

  1. I like the pumpkin Trace made! You'll have to make lots of pumpkin desserts with your 30ish pumpkins.

    ReplyDelete