Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Easter 2010

I loved having Easter on the same weekend as General Conference. It helps me think of Jesus Christ even more by listening to the General Authorities talk about Him. There was an amazing Spirit that Easter morning. I loved General Conference. I learn so much every time. I am so grateful to have the opportunity to listen to church leaders.
Jesus Christ and the Resurrection is the reason for the Easter season. Sometimes, I get carried away with spring, bunnies, and eggs; so I made sure to put a picture of Jesus Christ up with my Easter decorations this year. I am eternally grateful for what He has done for me and for everyone.
I know Easter is about Jesus Christ, but it is still fun to celebrate spring with the Easter Bunny, candy, and egg hunts. The Pickerings all came out to the ranch. We rode four-wheelers, shot skeet, and enjoyed watching Trace and Maddie hunt for eggs.

I didn't expect the Easter Bunny to show up to our home, so I didn't buy baskets or anything. To my surprise, he did show up. He had to go through our cupboards to find some plastic bowls to put our candy in. And he also gave me dark chocolate. :)

4 comments:

  1. I love your Easter sign and your picture of Christ. It sounds like you had a great Easter. I am glad that the Bunny found you

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so fun to be around you guys for Easter. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pic of Steve! I think it makes Easter just that much better to have General Conference as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Easter was wonderful. I loved listning to conference and playing with the people I love the most in the whole world! I too am very greatful for my Saviour Jesus Christ, I love him so much and love that he is aware of me and all of us. Thank you for being you! Cute picture of Steven

    ReplyDelete