Saturday, April 3, 2010

One Year of Wedded Bliss




Steve and I have been married for a year! Sometimes it feels just like yesterday we were being sealed in the temple. On the other hand, it seems like we have known eachother for a long time. This last year has been really wonderful!
Things I love about our first year of marriage:

  • I get to be with my best friend all the time,

  • we eat lunch together, which usually includes a movie (it feels like a date),

  • occasionally, I get to go to work with him,

  • I have become a better person because of Steve,

  • I have learned more about Steve (what he likes and doesn't like),

  • we have inside jokes and laugh together,

  • and we are there for eachother through trials and decisions.


To celebrate, we took the weekend off and played. First destination, Orem, Utah. We haven't seen Nick and Erica since their wedding, so we thought it would be fun to drop in and say, "Hello!" We went to the Draper Temple, ate at Texas Roadhouse, and enjoyed the Lockes' company. The next day we went to Jump On It (pictured above). It is a place with a bunch of trampolines hooked up together. So fun!!! We later watched a movie and drove through a storm to get to Cedar City that night.
On our actual anniversary, I had dance competition in St. George. Steve was a good sport and supported me, even though he kept reminding me that he doesn't like this kind of stuff. Sunday, we enjoyed our stay with the Pickerings and going to church in Enterprise. Even though some of our plans changed, we enjoyed eachother's company. I love Steve so much, and I'm so blessed to have him.

1 comment:

  1. Jessica I am so happy that you and Steve found each other. I think you are good for each other. I know you are good for our family, and that we love you so much. To many years of happily ever afters.

    ReplyDelete