Sunday, February 5, 2012

THE MOVE

Steve and I love the ranch. We lived close to beautiful mountains, the traffic was great, and our little honeymoon cottage was perfect for us. Steve loved being a farmer. He got to work with his brother, drive tractors, and be outdoors. I loved my job in town being a dental assistant. I had a great boss and fun co-workers. We lived by the majority of our nieces and nephews and were able to see them a lot. Steve let me have a cat that could come in the house. We had fun Primary callings in our branch. Our neighbors (though few in number) were great friends.

We were missing a few things in our life. Steve needed an education. So after two years of thinking about it, we moved. It was hard. We love the ranch (like I said before). It was a huge leap of faith, but now we live in Orem, Utah, and Steve will be starting school in the summer to become a pilot. We both have good jobs and a cute apartment. Now we have to lock everything we open and close. We deal with traffic. We still live in a branch. The distance to the grocery store is ridiculously close.

We left the comfort of the ranch to better our lives. The next few years will be challenging, but in the end, it will be for the best.






2 comments:

  1. Jessica you and Steve are going to do just great! I believe that you two can do any thing you put your mind too. Good to know the ranch is still there to run away to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like those fun photos. I love going to the ranch too, and think that it would be hard to leave it, but I am so glad you are close enough to play more often!

    ReplyDelete